Teaching at Trinity Prep is profoundly satisfying, especially because of the students.
I've never been around a group of young people as smart, enthusiastic, and spirited
as I have found here."
Robert Boerth, English teacher
About Trinity Prep
Trinity Preparatory School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory school serving more than 860 students in grades six through 12. We are affiliated with the Episcopal Church, and our 100-acre campus in Winter Park, Florida is surrounded by two beautiful lakes.
Our staff and faculty embody a tradition of high performance, growth, development, and professional demeanor. Salaries and benefits are competitive with top national peer schools. Class sizes are small, and our state-of-the-art facilities ignite learning and passion. In addition, the school pays into a retirement program and offers tuition remission for faculty and staff who qualify. If you are are interested in joining our Trinity family, check out the following employment opportunities.
Positions are posted as the need for new coaches, faculty and staff arises. Trinity Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national/ethnic origin in employment, educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship athletics, or other school-administered programs.
Position: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and maintains grounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to
- Replace broken glass in windows, doors and partitions
- Repair minor plumbing leaks, unclogging drains (including operation of plumbing “snakes”) and unclogging blocked sewer lines
- Replace broken commode seats or repairing tissue, towel and soap dispensers
- Replace broken ceiling tiles
- Repairs venetian blinds or drapery rods as needed
- Tightens loose signs, supports
- Inspecting building surfaces for cracks in walls, floor coverings (that need replacing) or other building deficiencies and filling out a work request to have repairs completed
- Makes minor repairs to furniture
- Performs assigned planned maintenance duties on equipment in assigned areas
- Repairs and adjust door closures
- Spot painting with rollers or brushes
- Performs a general masonry and other such building structural and finish surface work
- Maintains and test fire extinguisher systems
- Must be capable of lifting fifty (50) pounds, unassisted
- Must be capable of climbing ladders and working from a high lift or scaffolding
- Must be capable of operating a forklift and any other heavy equipment necessary to complete a given task
- Maintains restroom fixtures, including rebuilding of flush valves
- Unstopping blocked sewer lines
- Must be able to use a computer to generate work orders/retrieve work orders
- Perform maintenance and maintain all pools, spas, and fountains on campus
- Must have knowledge of basic electrical time clocks
- Have the ability to troubleshoot the pump motors
- Must have painting and pressure cleaning skills
- Must have basic plumbing knowledge
- May be asked to assist with event setups
- May at times, have to assist with campus traffic during drop-off/pick-ups and other scheduled events
- Perform other duties as needed or directed by the Supervisor and/or Facilities Director
Must be able to pass a level II background check & drug test
If you have any questions regarding employment opportunities, please send an email to HR@trinityprep.org. All applicants must be able to pass a level II Jessica Lunsford background check and drug test.
Employee Nondiscrimination Policy
We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, religion, disability/handicap, sexual orientation/gender expression, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. If you believe you have been treated inconsistently with this policy, please immediately report your concern to a member of the Administrative Council or Human Resources. You will not be retaliated against for bringing forth a complaint in good faith.