On any given day, your senses will be ignited by our fine arts activities.
You might find our jazz band serenading students and teachers arriving at Trinity Prep; the forensics team packing up to head to another competition; harmonious notes mixing in our new, state-of-the-art keyboard lab; a steamroller creating a giant print for our new Brokaw building; or Vocal Society rehearsing. There is always something happening in the arts. Programs are available as electives or extracurricular programs, beginning in middle school. Whether a student excels at pottery, experiments with digital photography, or practices a perfect accent for a theater role, everyone can find an artistic outlet at Trinity Prep.
Our programs allow students to hone their creative skills on campus and on larger stages beyond the school. Our arts curriculum broadens as students begin their high school careers. Forensics is a great way for students to work on their public speaking and debate skills, and they can get involved as early as eighth grade. Music students can choose from concert to chamber music courses, including AP Music Theory. Theater provides students opportunities both on stage and behind the scenes. Our visual art programs include photography, 2D, and 3D art courses, leading to AP Art and AP Photography. Our students can find strength by sharing their thoughts and ideas in sharing their stories through creative writing.
2022 - 2023 Highlights and Achievements
- Students participated in many Art Shows.
- Winter Park Library Art Show
- Best of Show: Eva C.
- Merit Awards: Victor F. and Austin Y.
- Florida Art Education Virtual Art Assessment - Award of Excellence: Austin Y. and Yishan C.
- Arts For Life Finalist: Austin Y.
- Middle School Art received multiple awards from the FAEA Virtual Art Assessment and the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival.
- Austin Y. was selected for All Nationals. (He was 1 of 6 percussion students selected.
- Austin Y. and Zixuan C. were selected for All State
- Bennett M., Zixuan C., and Dehao Z., each received superior ratings for soloist at solo and ensemble performances.
- Austin Y. received an arts scholarship
- Honors Advanced Band received good ratings at our very first district level music performance assessment.
- Jazz band participated in its very first district level music performance assessment.
- Established a Pep Band with 12 students that performed at 3 football games, 2 pep rallies, 2 basketball games, and a regional volleyball game.
- Band had 26 performance opportunities.
- Six students (Jackie C., Jackie S., Kenza L., Taylor R., Kelsey W., and Asi B.) in Advanced Creative Writing shared their projects and read short selections during the Advanced Creative Writing Showcase in April.
- Leah F. performed on a National PBS Broadcast.
- 4 Orchestra students made All State Ensembles.
- Masterclass with Kelly Hall-Tompkins
- Masterclass with violinist Nick Eanet.
- AP Studio Art 2-D Photography students exhibited some of their photographs at City Art Gallery.
- AP Studio Art 2-D Photography and a select few from Phot I and Photo II students had their photographs exhibited at the Winter Park Art Festival.
- This year, the Yearbook won Gold at the Florida Scholastic Association Conference
- Participated in the Applause Awards through the Dr. Phillips Center for the Arts with two of our musical productions and received many nominations.
- Received a Community engagement for work with some local Boys and Girls clubs.
- Received an Outstanding Ensemble Awards for the musical "How to Eat Like a Child".
- Our production of Lauren Gunderson's "Silent Sky" won the Critics Choice at the District 3 Thespian Festival.
- Audition Masterclass with Broadway professional and TPS Alum Amanda LaMotte.
- Acting Masterclasses with professional Director Joseph C. Walsh.
- Stage Combat workshops with professional fight director Bill Warriner
- NEW: Coming 2023-24 Middle School students will now have their own Thespian Troupe!
Most of our fine arts teachers are professional artists themselves, who continue to practice their individual crafts while inspiring the next generation of student artists. Trinity Prep parents provide support for the arts through Patrons of the Arts' publications, events, and fundraising activities.